We made this chili lime shrimp recipe and really enjoyed it. I think you will like it too.
Staying at home and staying healthy has been a challenge during this pandemic. We’ve tried to behave, but being trapped with our food is so hard. Those few ventures out to the store have also been a struggle. Determined to stick to our grocery list, but then . . . we accidentally venture down the vanilla Oreo’s aisle. This recipe is quick, easy and healthy and has so many serving options. Serve on top of pasta or rice, use as a salad topper, or our favorite way to serve them is as shrimp tacos.
Shrimp omelets are my favorite special treat. I always make a couple of extra shrimp for the next morning.
Note: This recipe is Whole 30 friendly.
Chili Lime Shrimp
- 1 1/4 lb shrimp - peeled and cleaned we use the 21-25 size
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika smoked is different than regular, try not to substitute
- 1/2 tsp course salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes add more if you prefer
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish
- Mix together the olive oil through red pepper flakes and pour over shrimp.
- Let sit for up to 30 minutes
- Heat skillet or grill to medium heatIf using skillet add enough olive oil to prevent sticking
- Cook about 2-3 minutes per side. Shrimp will be pink and start to curl when cooked through.
- Serving suggestions: serve on pasta, rice, as a salad topper, or in taco shells
- Garnish with chopped cilantro (optional)