Stick to Your Resolutions with Purposeful Enthusiasm
Two weeks into the new year and most of us will fall into one of these three groups
1. Beast mode on. Crushing your goal.
2. Awesome goal set, but “squirrel” aren’t the NFL playoffs on tonight.
3. Definitely going to be a better you in 2019, but searching for the perfect goal.
Group 1 congrats. Stick to it you badass!
The rest of us can use some Purposeful Enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is the one ingredient that will generate success more than any other.
The concern is the confusion between rah-rah rowdiness, which is what most of us consider enthusiasm and real purposeful enthusiasm.
“Energy without purpose is just noise” LT
Life-changing resolutions mandate purposeful enthusiasm. What in the world is that? It’s easier than I am making it sound. There are just 3 simple components:
1. BELIEF – belief in your goal. Is it real or pie-in-the-sky? Belief in yourself. You are enough! Belief in the future. If you believe you best days are ahead of you; they are.
2. VISION – what does winning look like for you? What will it mean to you if you hit your target? How will you feel when you accomplish your goal? What will it mean to your family?
3. GRATITUDE – “gratitude is the unyielding fuel for courage” Forrest Performance Group. When you look at your goal as an opportunity, not an obligation you will be supercharged into action. Appreciating what you already have opens the door for abundance.
This New Year’s resolution stuff is tough. If you haven’t started yet, or are beginning to lose focus try applying some enthusiasm. You can do this!
Success is going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm” Winston Churchill