by LT | Mar 30, 2020 | Business, Diet, Home Renovations, Parenting, Running, Self Development
The gift of time was given to us all by stay-at-home orders. It may have been a 30 minute commute each way (plus putting on pants time). Or, like in the case 3.3 million others, all of your time because you are now unemployed. Watching my friends, family, and former coworkers adjust to this gift it is much like watching different people win the lottery. Some blow their winnings right away and end up worse off then they were beforehand. Others are paralyzed with fear so do nothing, and some embrace the gift, seize the opportunity and look at how to use the gift for good.
“Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” William Penn
No more excuses!
As a business and personal coach I have worked with hundreds of people who say they want growth. The number one thing getting in their way? You guessed it, time. They want to be healthier, but they don’t have time. They want to learn a new skill, but can’t find time. In fact, lists of wants continue to grow and yet people do not. “I’d love to read books, listen to podcasts, take a course, or even go back to school, but I can’t find the time”, they say. Here it is. The gift of time was given to you. 5 hours a week minimum. No more excuses!
“The way we spend our time defines who we are.” Jonathan Estrin
How will you reflect back on this time? With pride of your accomplishments and contributions? Yesterday was the best time to start. Today is a great time to start. Tomorrow . . . next week . . . . Start small and build. Small improvements over time are like compounded interest. They grow into something large.
Staying at home as been difficult, certainly regret is worse. Don’t let another moment pass. This is your time. Take that first step. You can do this. Yes you can!
by LT | Mar 24, 2020 | Business, Diet, Fitness, Home Renovations, Parenting, Running, Self Development
You’ve been ordered to Stay at Home; the question is do you see it as an obligation or an opportunity? It’s a challenging time, absolutely. I live in a state that has a Stay at Home Order AND the company I worked for and adored my entire adult life has just gone out of business
. The challenge is real AF. Here’s the truth about challenges. They bring about a world of choices. In fact, they are the proverbial fork in the road. They provide an opportunity for us to rise and see what we are really made of. Is this Stay at Home Order an excuse to watch all of those missed sitcoms or is it an opportunity to discover what you are capable of achieving.
It’s a choice and you have the power to make that choice right now. Is there something have you been putting off because your “real life” is too busy? Perhaps this slow down is the sign you have been waiting for. Choices you make right now, what you choose to accomplish in the next few weeks could have a significant positive impact on your life and the lives of others?
“If it doesn’t challenge you ; it won’t change you.” I encourage you to rise to the challenge. Push yourself to give your all in tackling a problem or issue and accomplishing a goal.
Here are my big 3 for doing something new
- FREE – there are many free options out there. Leave your resources open to trying many new things and don’t spend any money unless you’re absolutely sure of the path you’ve chosen. Here are some free resources for a variety of topics
- Fitness Nike Training Club
- Education Coursera
- Podcasting Buzzsprout
- Write a book Jerry Jenkins
- Create a website Wix
- Learn a new language
- FUN – as I mentioned earlier, the challenge is real AF, but it can be fun and be self-fulfilling. In business we sometimes have to ask ourselves “is it the plan or is it the execution?” You will have to ask yourself “is this not fun because it’s not coming easy or is this not fun simply because I just don’t like it?” Find something your passionate about and the challenge will become fun.
- FRIEND – find people with like interests to encourage you along the way. An easy way to do this is to search social media pages liked LinkedIn and Facebook for groups. Last year, I found that joining a FB group for the Chicago Marathon made my training experience more enjoyable by knowing I was doing it alone. Many challenges I was experiencing were common and even minor compared to people with the same goals as mine. This kept me motivated and inspired to keep going.
You will get through this. Yes you can!
by LT | Jan 29, 2019 | DYI, Home Decor, Home Renovations, Reclaimed Wood
Create a Wow! moment in any room by installing a reclaimed wood panel wall.
This is so easy and the impact is unbelievable. You will love it!
What you will need (not all of these are necessary, but make the job a breeze)
- dark brown paint
- paint tape
- paint roller
- drop clothes
- reclaimed wood
- stud finder
- battery operated brad gun
- 1 1/2″ brads
- miter saw
- saw table
- safety glasses
6 Easy Steps to DYI a Reclaimed Wood Wall
Step 1: Prep your wall and paint a dark brown for your base.
We selected a dark brown paint and honestly I feel we should have gone darker. Select a VERY dark brown or even go with black for your base. (more…)