“I wanted to figure out why I was so busy, but I couldn’t find the time to do it.”
― Todd Stocker
Busy families like ours can still eat great with a little planning. With one great ingredient and some creative thinking you can go far. By pure accident I found my new favorite chicken marinade. I was all set in my mind on how I was going to marinade chicken and at the last second my hubby cried out, “don’t put an acid in the marinade”. Crap! I was going to use citrus. What now?
I had just found a new salad dressing I had never seen before, Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Yogurt Dressing, with only 40 calories per serving. What the heck, I thought, I might as well try it.
It’s a new favorite!
Slice 4 chicken breasts horizontally into strips.
Place in plastic bag.
Pour in Cilantro Avocado dressing
Marinade over night.
The next day:
Using a grill pan and medium heat, grill the chicken. (the small pieces only take about 2-3 minutes per side)
Chicken sandwiches. I would totally play up the flavors in the dressing and top this sandwich with fresh avocado.
Chicken tacos or quesadillas.
Use the chicken to top your favorite salad
Chicken hash topped with fried eggs
- Marinate chicken overnight in dressing
- Grill chicken in grill pan on medium heat
- (I make extra chicken and use it in many meals, then just use the leftovers in this dish)
- Cut potatoes into cubes
- Heat olive oil in fry pan – medium high
- Add potatoes
- Cook until brown on all sides
- Season with Salt and Slap Ya Mama
- Add peppers and onions
- Cook until veggies are soft and onions begin to slightly caramelize
- Serves 4
- Top each serving with 2 fried eggs