The dilemma – we are grilling steaks. We picked up beautiful bone-in ribeyes, the king of all steaks. He wants lionized hash browns as a side. She wants healthy sides. Ahhhhh! How do we make everyone happy?
I took a stab at making a healthier version of this diner favorite. It was fantastic.
Baked Lionized Hash Brown
- heat oven to 450
- grate the potatoes
- in a bowl, mix potatoes, cheese, onion, and seasoning
- grease cast iron skillet with Crisco
- form hash brown in skillet
- mist top with vegetable oil
- bake for 1 hour – until crunchy on top
“One cannot think love sleep well if one has not dined well”
This recipe calls for Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, one of my ultimate favorites. You can make your own spice mix; however, having a Tony’s on hand is an easy, remarkable add in for: potato salad, macaroni salad, grilled shrimp fish and chicken, and deviled eggs.