As the year comes to an end it’s important to take time and reflect on the past. What went well last year? What could have gone better? What did I learn? Take a look back and write it down. “The palest ink is better than the best memory.” – Chinese proverb Which habits got you great results and which ones got in your way?
Replace those bad ones with a new habit. Instead of watching the evening news (bad in so many ways) go for a walk. Instead of fast food for lunch brown bag it.
Don’t think about what you are giving up. Instead think about what you are gaining.
Here are some of the things that I learned:
- Act Now. If you wait, later may become never.
- Speed wins and slow costs more. Everything Counts, Gary Ryan Blair
- I can’t do crane – yet.
- The great do the little things really well. Jon Gordon
- You must not only succeed, you must survive success.
- Look for the helpers. There are always helpers. Thank you Mr Rogers.
- We all have a finite number of days. Make each one great.
- Watch what you say. Your words will come to life.
- You can get in the best shape of your life in your 40’s.
- Pickle juice helps you finish the race – if they offer it then drink it. Really!
- Make them think it is their idea. Is getting the credit more important than getting it done?
- Some people don’t change they just hide.
- Share your goals with people who believe in you and will push you.
- Be grateful.
- Marathons are like sales. They are not for everyone. Only those with great strength of will.
- iPads rock!
- Breaking up with beer fixes a lot of things.
- The way to be brilliant is to know how it is. Thank you Jim Rohn and KWG.
- Everyone communicates Few connect. Thank you John Maxwell.
- Also from Maxwell, find the 5 things that if you do them every day will help you reach your goals (I still only have 4: read, write, run, and connect)
- P90X helps runners cross train.
- Making animal sounds at bad drivers is so much more fun than swearing and better with kids in the car.
- Daniel Craig looks just like Bing Crosby.
What did you learn this year?